Thursday, August 28, 2014

Friendship and Dissapointment

Yesterday I was being a little sensitive with things.
I felt hurt just because of small things my friend did, even he didn't mean to hurt me in that ways.
I need a friend to share and he seems to 'busy' for me. I'm a busy person too, but when I think something is precious enough for me, I'm trying to make time and let the other party knows clearly my efforts to make time (and the reasons why I can't make time if I really can't make it).

Honestly, I know he's trying to make time for me. I don't say he's effortless. Maybe I'm being sensitive and felt hurt because we have different style for making time. I need a clear appointment ("Let's go to that exhibition together next Friday at 6 P.M" thing) to make time with others, and I think my friend is go-with-the-flow style ("If we have time, let's go to somewhere" thing). I think if someone is serious with his appointment with me, he should plan it clearly with me or it just won't happen (yeah, because I'm busy and sometimes it's so hard to making time with the go-with-the-flow style)

Some people might think I'm too much to felt hurt just because of such things. But I'm a kind of person who really expects a lot when it comes about making time (no wonder my love language is quality time :D)

In the end of the night, we didn't really talked a lot about things I want to share. But I didn't regret anything, coz as always, there are things to learn from daily small thing :)
Here it is:

1. Even your best friend can't understand you 100% that's why we need to communicate.
When we expect our best friend should understand us 100%, we give much room to disappointment happens. Even best friend  is just a human. He can't read your mind. He can't understand your heart 100% if you don't say it clearly. That's why we need communicate things clearly and don't let misunderstandings keep happen.

2. Even your best friend can't understand you 100% that's why the Best Friend ever is our Creator.
We human has a need to be understood. But no human will understand us 100%. No parents, no children, no best friend, no spouse, no boyfriend, will understand us the way God understand us. Why He understand us? He understand us because He made us Himself. He knows the depth of our hearts and our struggles before we say it. To say it clearly, last night I realize that my BEST FRIEND is Holy Spirit, the Great Comforter all the times. When I share with Him, I don't even need to say things clearly, because some things are too deep to words to be spoken.
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.(Romans 8:26 ESV)"

After that praying in Spirit moment, I felt understood and loved in the way I want to be understood and loved. There's a song that's so true for moments like that:

"There is none like You
No one else can touch my heart like You do
I could search for all eternity long
And find there's none like You"

I'm thankful to have Jesus as my BEST FRIEND

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;